Baptism is celebrated at:
- St. John’s in Vermillion during or after 10 a.m. Sunday Mass by request.
- St. Mary’s in New Trier during or after 8 a.m. Sunday Mass by request.
- St. Mathias’ in Hampton during or after 5 p.m. Saturday Mass by request.
Baptism class is required to be attended by at least one parent, preferably both.
What is Baptism?
Holy Baptism is the basis of the whole Christian life, the gateway to life in the Spirit and the door that gives access to the other sacraments. Through Baptism we are freed from sin and reborn as sons of God; we become members of Christ, are incorporated into the Church and made sharers in her mission. Baptism erases original sin and serves as the gateway to the sacraments. It is necessary for salvation by actual reception, or at least by desire, and is validly conferred only by a washing of true water with the proper words. Through Baptism, men and women are freed from sin, are reborn as children of God and are incorporated into the Church.
- Baptism Data Sheet
- Baptism Preparation
- Godparent Eligibility Form
- What Catholics believe about Baptism